1. Recognise, use, compare and order decimal numbers; understand place value in decimal numbers; recognise that decimals are tenths; round decimals numbers to the nearest whole number; divide 2-digit numbers by 10 to get decimal numbers; multiply decimal numbers by 10 to get 2-digit numbers; divide 3-digit multiples of ten by 100 to get decimal numbers; multiply decimal numbers by 100 to get 3-digit multiples of ten; add four digit numbers using written method with answers greater than 10 000.
2. Add amounts of money using written methods and mentally using place value and number facts; choose to add using the appropriate strategy: mental or written; subtract, choosing appropriate mental strategies: counting up or taking away (using counting back, place value or number facts); solve subtractions using a suitable written method (column subtraction).
3. Tell the time on a 24 hour clock, using am and pm correctly; convert pm times to 24 hour clock and vice versa; use 24 hour clock in calculating intervals of time; measure and calculate perimeters of rectilinear shapes where each side is labelled in cm and m; find missing lengths in rectilinear composite shapes; find the perimeters of rectilinear shapes with some lengths not marked; convert from one unit of length to another; solve word problems involving lengths including those involving perimeters.
4. Understand place value in 4-digit numbers; partition 4-digit numbers; solve subtraction of 4-digit numbers using column subtraction (decomposition); choose an appropriate method to solve subtractions, either mental or written, and either column or counting up.
5. Use the vertical algorithm to multiply 3-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers; explore patterns; use mental strategies and tables facts to divide 2-digit and 3-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers to give answers between 10 and 35, without remainders; solve word problems.
1. Place 4-digit numbers on landmarked lines; 0–10 000 and 1000–2000; round 4-digit numbers to the nearest 10, 100 and 1000; mentally add and subtract to/from 4-digit and 3-digit numbers using place-value; count on and back in multiples of 10, 100 and 1000; count on in multiples of 25 and 50; add and subtract multiples of 10 and 100 to/from 4-digit numbers.
2. Use expanded written subtraction and compact written subtraction to subtract pairs of 3-digit numbers (one ʻexchangeʼ); use expanded column subtraction and compact column subtraction to subtract pairs of 3-digit and 2-digit numbers from 3-digit numbers (one ʻcarryʼ); learn the 7× table and ʻtrickyʼ facts; use the vertical algorithm to multiply 3-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers; solve simple money problems with decimals to two decimal places.
3. Use mental multiplication and division strategies; find non-unit fractions of 2-digit and 3-digit numbers; find equivalent fractions and use them to simplify fractions (halves, thirds, quarters).
4. Recognise and compare acute, right and obtuse angles; draw lines of a given length; identify perpendicular and parallel lines; recognise and draw line symmetry in shapes; sort 2D shapes according to their properties; draw shapes with given properties and explain reasoning; draw the other half of symmetrical shapes.
5. Understand how to divide 2-digit and 3-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers using place value and mental strategies; divide numbers by 1-digit numbers to give answers between 10 and 25, with remainders; identify factor pairs and use these to solve multiplications and divisions with larger numbers; use Frog to find complements to multiples of 1000; use Frog to find change from £10, £20 and £50.